background

Friday, March 4, 2011

Do Re Me....

So much has happened since the last time I posted. It is just now that I have time to sit and write.  Can I just say I love living in a hotel?  There are many things to love about it but nothing tops the laundry!  The dreaded task of doing laundry is so much nicer when you have 4 machines to use at one time!   It no longer takes me all day to do the laundry or force me to go shopping for new clothes!  Anyway back to the fun stuff I have been up to.  We have been pretty busy the past few weeks!  A week or so ago we took a road trip to Conneticut.  We stopped in Hartford, New Haven and then headed up the coast.  The area is pretty but the people proved to be a little snobby!  (with all their private beaches and private roads and all)  We set out to find lighthouses but that task was not all that easy.  Since they don't have addresses per say the GPS can't find them very well...who would have thought.  We did the best we could.  We stopped at the USS Nautilus on the way back home. Here are some pictures from that leg of the adventure. 
Climbing through the hatch in the submarine

CT state house

I got a kick out of this head stone
Sunset in CT on the private beach...shhh don't tell!

Look we found a lighthouse!






We also went up to Stowe VT and saw the Trapp Family Lodge....you know from the Sound of Music.  We went to the tour and ACTUALLY MET MARIA'S YOUNGEST SON!!  Then we went snowshoeing around the property.  It was really cold that day but well worth it.  The chapel that one of the brothers built took him 7 years to build because he had to haul all the rocks up there himself.  Crazy I know!


Trapp Family Lodge

This is the chapel that took 7 years to build


Snowshoeing in Stowe VT



2 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Hibbin'. I have loved following your adventure and I miss you so much. Hope you venture back to this part of the world someday. Love ya.
    ~Bear
    http://familybacktoourroots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bear I miss you too!! I have done some looking into jobs in MN and WI!! It's just not in the cards right now. I hope to be back there again before to long!

    ReplyDelete