What was supposed to be 3 months in alaska turned out to be a over a year of exploring, creating, growth and life in Anchorage AK. Here are some things I have learned:
* They don't really have lines painted on the road to show you what lane you are supposed to be in.
* You can not see Russia from Sarah Palin's back yard.
* They have some of the best coffee....and beer!
* You need good sun glasses as well as a good sleep mask.
* Moose are not as nice as they look..but they often times use the cross walk.
* Santa Clause does live in North Pole, AK
* The tide comes in with one big wave...the bore tide.
* When at a stoplight, if the light turns green and the person in front of you doesn’t go, it is not appropriate to honk
* Moose is offered on a menu more frequently than chicken
* The summers make up for the winters
* Halibut never stops tasting amazing
* Be prepared for anything. When people say Alaska is the Last Frontier they are not joking
* Alaska is home to some of the nicest people I have met.
* There is indeed a lot more men to women BUT "the odds are good but the goods are odd"
* No matter how far away you are from home....somebody has always heard of HIBBING, MN!
The lessons are endless... might have to come back and learn some more.